Most of you know that I am not the most adventurous when it comes to eating. Have been and will be a picky eater my whole life. Some say I am getting better, but just a little. I don't like sauces on my food, don't like many veggies, don't have any interest in cheese except a little on my pizza and that is just the beginning of the list! Dan is very concerned for the well-being of our children, but not enough to take charge of the cooking! Anyway, the boys are required to eat lunch at school. They are very proud of the lunch room and show Grandma
Naylon every time she visits where they sit and how they get their food. (Max looks really happy in this pic.)

Max's class receive stickers if they finish their lunch and it is a big deal! Both of them come home telling each other, "If you don't try it, you'll never know if you like it." Do you know how many times I have been told that!! It is a great thing that they sit with all of their other classmates and eat. Most days they don't eat all of their lunch gone, but they are at least eating and trying things that I would never even think of making! I thought you might enjoy seeing an example of the weekly menus. Would you be eating??? My poor children....
Monday - Turkey Escalope marinated in spiced yoghurt, new potatoes, green beans, and rice pudding with fruity sauce or shortbread
Tuesday - Homemade minced lamb lasagne, garlic bread, sweetcorn, and syrup sponge and custard
Wednesday - Sausage, lentil, and kidney bean casserole, 1/2 jackets (baked potatoes), chunky carrots, and fruit jelly
Thursday - Chicken and leek pie, roast potatoes, broccoli trees, chocolate and beetroot brownies
Friday - Fresh fish in homemade batter, chunky chips, baked beans, garden peas, and orange and poppyseed cake.
Fridays are usually the great days because they either have fish and chips or sausages and chips. This is the day when Max usually gets a sticker. I really am so proud!
2 comments:
So glad they are enjoying eating school lunch (although I personally wouldn't eat much of it). Brett seems to love the school lunches in the UK ... their tastebuds must be confused or something! ;o)
I like to try new things but there are a few things on that menu that I wouldn't even touch. The blog looks great.
Post a Comment