Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Visiting Austin
Last weekend we took a little trip to visit Austin in Kentucky. He has a great place with plenty of room for us. We went to his favorite restaurant on Friday night and then spent Saturday morning just being lazy. Dan and Austin cooked a wonderful breakfast both Sat and Sunday morning. Austin works with a guy that has horses and we were able to spend a little time there on Saturday afternoon.
They had 3 horses and told us all about them. This one was called "Sassy". She is normally the most calm, but got a little spooked while Max was riding. He held on very tight while getting run around a bit. Dan was more scared than he was! He stayed on her for a little while longer until it was time to let Blake have a go!
Both Max and Blake had a great time and would have stayed a lot longer, but we had to do some fishing!!
Austin has a little pond at his condo complex and it was a lucky day for the little guys! Blake was the first to catch one and the excitement just kept coming! (Notice the sweatshirts/jackets...it is mid-July!!!)
Blake ended up catching 10 fish and Max ended up with 7! They were so excited and had to go back again on Sunday. We weren't so lucky that day but at least now they know that we can actually catch fish when you go fishing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
My goodness -- I didn't realize you were in Kentucky recently, too. Great seeing you the other night. Have a wonderful trip to Colorado and I'll look forward to seeing you when you get back. ;o)
I can't believe how long your hair is! but your blog won't let me click to make the picture bigger????
Looks like you are having so much fun back in the states!!! and I am JEALOUS of going to CO! LOVE IT!!! Have a great time!
I didn't know you had been to Kentucky either! Have a great trip-will look forward to seeing you when you get back. Holli just wants to click on your picture to see if you have had a boob job-you know that is all she cares about :)
Holli is right I so can not believe the lenght of your hair I'm thinking you maybe need to to pay us a visit and I'll trim it for you.
Post a Comment